First Published in the Santa Barbara News-Press 01/02/19
It’s always fun to ask my animals what they want to manifest for themselves in the new year.
Here’s what they told me:
• Hudson, 3 1/2-year-old white shepherd: “I want to go to the beach more too. I am going to bring out my wise self and have more playmates. I am also going to manifest my paws always being healthy.”
• Ella, 5-year-old Snowshoe cat: “I don’t see very well and this morning I could see birds with my internal eye. I am going to do that more. I am going to trust my heart intuition more than my reactions. Also, I am going to get a new catnip scratching cardboard bed.”
• Felix, 8-year-old Chihuahua mix: “I am going to let more people pet me and when I get scared, I am going to remember to control my energy. I am going to learn a lot more tricks.”
• Easter, 4-year-old Chihuahua mix: “I want to learn to fly in my dreams. Also, I am going to go to the beach more.”
• Jubilee, 8-year-old Appaloosa Warmblood: “I am going to manifest my mom coming to Oregon to visit me more. I have everything I want, but I am going to be braver getting in the smaller trailers and I am going to go on more trips to the mountains. And I have already mastered running in snow. My friend, Phoenix (mustang), and I are going to learn to jump over logs at the same time. We have been practicing. Oh, and I am going to be a good friend to a bunch of new mustangs that don’t know about people yet. When you know something, it’s important to teach it to others. I learn a lot.”
• Clyde, 4-year-old Flemish Giant rabbit: “I am definitely going to learn how to race Hudson across the yard and win. I am going to make Felix be my friend. He is still standoffish, and my mom is going to get me a cardboard house for inside.”
• Seamora, 28-year-old macaw: “I am going to learn more words and dance to more music. I am going to become good friends with the yellow and black bird that comes to eat my food and swim in the fountain outside. I am going to stand on my mom’s shoulder more.”
• Luca, 8-year-old poodle: “I am going to be more agile with my jumps and weaves at agility and also I am going to be more magical in my brain.”
I have two Woolsey Fire evacuees staying at my house until their home is cleaned from smoke damage. So I have to include them, too:
• Taffy, 12-year-old poodle terrier mix: “I have already started to believe that I can do more things than I thought I could. I can walk farther and play longer. Also, I want to spend more time visiting different nature places and I also want to meet more species of animals. I want to go to the botanical gardens.”
• Dalhma, 12-year-old cat (He doesn’t like his picture taken): “I am blind, but I have started to use my internal eye to see things and it’s incredible. I feel energy and see colors that I didn’t know existed. I am going to stretch more and also make sure I eat all the healthy food given to me. I am open to new possibilities and I believe that people and animals have open hearts and want to help each other. I am going to send love out into the world and be thankful for the love that comes back to me.”
1 thought on “Pets’ New Year’s Resolutions”
Thanks to the cats for very good inspiration about the inner eye 😊😻!