Subscribe To Blog Posts
Explore these Categories:
- *** Testimonials
- 01. Surf Majoirty of Posts 2008-2019 * Uncategorized
- 02. Articles / Dear Laura
- 03. Laura's Animals
- 04. Love and Spirituality
- 05. Sickness, Death, Dying and the Afterlife
- 06. Reincarnation
- 07. Essential Oils and Pets
- 08. Pet Psychic Radio Podcast
- 09. Radio Appearances
- 10. Videos and TV Appearances
- 11. Animal Zone TV Segments
- 12. News, Media & Events
Looking for Something
Tag Archives: appaloosa
A couple of years ago, Jubilee and I had some problems on the trail which resulted in her throwing me and her galloping a great distance away. Jubilee had some stress and bad coping mechanism after that. She can be an opinionated tough horse that needs a steady, patient, and calm rider. I was told by a trainer that Jubilee will never be safe on the trail again and that she will never be able to ride out alone. It was a frustrating time for me, because I was trying my best to find a trainer that could help Jubilee get over her issues and also make sure Jubilee had a herd life.
I grew up on a beautiful horse farm in NY where my horses always spent the days out in pastures with friends. I do not believe in keeping horses in small pipe corrals with out giving them room to roam and socialize. When I first drove by a California riding facility with horses standing in 12 x 24 pipe corrals and no turn out, I burst out into tears. Come to find out, it’s the norm.
Jubilee’s farm burned down in the Thomas Fire resulting in her having to spend a month in a pipe corral where she got sick and was hospitalized. Then I moved her to a farm where she had great care and dressage training, but only had a couple hours out alone in a field to move freely. There is where a trainer who I hired to get Jubilee over her trail issues, told me Jubilee would never change. He told me she was dangerous and other not nice things about my girl.
I have been around animals long enough to believe that in the right environment, with the right trainer, understanding, and support, any animal can change.
It is important to not label our animals anything negative. That doing so can make a behavior stick. This can be hard because we can be so emotionally attached to our animals’ behaviors.
I believed in Jubilee. That’s when I shipped Jubilee to Oregon so Jubilee could live in a herd, get the right care, the best diet, and be around people who believe that all horses can overcome themselves. I needed someone as sensitive as me, but who had a better skill set for training. That is Katie Dixon. She has been amazing for Jubilee!
One year later, Jubilee is now heading out on the trail very easily. Such a joy! And will even walk out alone (with no other horses).
I can not thank Katie enough for her patient, calm, instinctual powers to help horses over come their issues. I am incredibly blessed. As is every horse that comes into her program.
Yesterday, Jubilee said to Katie and I, “I am feeling rich. Rich with possibilities.”
How amazing is my horse?!
Jubilee also told me that the reason she has more spots this year is because, “I met with angels in my dreams and they painted me with stars!”
I love her! She is often the spokes-horse for the horses at the ranch and will often share her observations and insights on the other horses with Katie and me. Jubee has been very helpful that way.
If you have an animal that needs your help, believe that the universe will make that happen if you are committed. The Thomas Fire (which burned Jubilee’s farm on my birthday) changed our lives for the better! After chaos comes order.
Thank you Katie for helping Jubilee realize she is rich with possibilities!
To answer the question, “Could you not just speak to her and explain?”
* Yes, with a lot of animals that works. But when there is post traumatic stress involved, similar to people animals cortisol levels get elevated and they can have a hard time calming themselves down to think clearly. We see this with dog aggression as well. Jubilee is young and she can be very opinionated. In some situations she thinks she knows better than me 🙂! I don’t have a teenager, but I was one! She is a very large horse and when she gets frightened or thinks she knows best she would use her body to throw her weight around or think that throwing off her rider to save herself is ok. Which can be extremely dangerous. Think about a chihuahua’s issues vs a German shepherds issues. I have a good eye for animal behavior and body language, but not the finesse and impeccable timing as an experienced horsewoman who works with and rides horses everyday. I needed help. Have you ever had a fear, anger or an issue that you intellectually know how to act, but just cant do it when you are stressed? Its the same thing with animals. Animal communication and can be remarkable at times and it is always helpful but I would be doing a disservice to animals if I taught that animals do not need to learn and to be stimulated by training and that we as animal caretakers shouldn’t understand their language and teach them using their body language and communication skills. Every animal professional I admire, collaborates with other animal professionals. That is how we get better and help other animals that come to us. The more I learn about being a good horsewoman and the more Katie instills the foundation for success in Jubilee the more I can help Jubilee understand what is needed of her. She already has grown so much. If we work on our consciousness and learn to be confident, we all learn with age and experience.
Jubilee says, “I hear the baby cows. I know it’s going to rain. I feel more peaceful than them. I’m glad I feel content. I send my heart and compassion to all those cows.”
Jubilee my #appaloosa says,
“When you feel like you think you know something, that’s the time to let it sit in your heart and then ask yourself again if you really do.”
Jubilee my #appaloosa says,
“Determination is when you call upon the earth and the universe for energy and focus even when there is a part of you that feels like being lazy. It is what helps you learn and grow into your optimal self.”
Sometimes when we are scared we just have to trust that the sun is at our back and that there are angels among us. #orb This is Jubilee #appaloosa
Jubilee says she sees the orbs / spirit angels all over the ranch and that they are helping the horses heal from stress.
Shoo Fly Don’t Bother Me!
Jubilee was getting gnawed on by those nasty Santa Ynez flies. Now she is sporting some serious fly control fashion!
“It’s the leg raps that I like the best. With the sheet, at first I wondered what’s slipping around all over me and then I realized I’m the luckiest horse here. My new wardrobe gives me the peace of mind to enjoy my days.”
Play time for Jubilee! She is excited that we will be talking to Deborah of Animal Guardians Horse Rescue http://animalguardianshorserescuenetwork.webs.com Cookie 29 years old Appaloosa. on Pet a Psychic Radio Today! ️ PET PSYCHIC RADIO LIVE THURSDAYS at 12 pm PST. call in line 917-889-2693 Listen Live at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/thepetpsychic Learn more at http://thepetpsychic.com/pet-psychic-radio Post Pictures at https://www.facebook.com/PetPsychicRadio The radio show for animals and their people. Animals Wanted – Dead or Alive. Ask or tell your animal anything.
Jubilee with her buddy Happy in the background are heading home to listen to Pet Psychic Radio. ️ PET PSYCHIC RADIO LIVE THURSDAYS at 12 pm PST. call in line 917-889-2693 Listen Live at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/thepetpsychic Learn more at http://thepetpsychic.com/pet-psychic-radio Post Pictures at https://www.facebook.com/PetPsychicRadio The radio show for animals and their people. Animals Wanted – Dead or Alive. Ask or tell your animal anything.
Jubilee and myself! ️️
Pet Psychic / People Medium
Phone/ Skype Session
I, Laura Stinchfield, talk to:
live animals, deceased humans and pets,
babies and your higher-self!
A Perfect Gift For The Holidays!
Jubilee & I. Listen 8pm pacific tonite Sunday 11/3! I’ll be on Laguna California FM radio kx93.5 Greg Friedman’s Inner Journey. To Listen live on the web go to: http://kx935.com/show/innerjourney. We will be taking callers!
Saturday ride on Jubilee!
The horses in her barn / farm came down with the flu. Runny noses, coughing, & lethargic. Four days and then they are better.
I asked Jubilee if she felt sick. She wanted to know what sick was.
She said, “No I’m not sick! I feel great!”
Then she was full of energy and spunk on our ride.
Still crossing my fingers she stays healthy.
Been saying the mantra to all the horses, “My body is well balanced & healthy. I have a strong immune system.”
Help me out look at her photo and say the same.
Tuesday Update: Thank you for all who sent love to Jubilee and the horses. She is still well!
Jubilee my horse broke her halter today. Her trainer gave lent us her shipping halter. Every time I looked at Jubilee, I couldn’t stop thinking about my poodle Luca.
Hold on to Jubilee! She Is Excited! I am sending out a Newsletter today! Make sure to sign up on my website: www.thepetpsychic.com With Sign Up Free PDF Book Tips On Animal Communication & Watch For Free “Learn About Animal Communication Class”